Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Weekend Escape

With my last day of work being the Friday before the surgery, Emily and I headed out of town for the weekend for a much-needed escape/  Her sister and brother-in-law had been so kind as to offer some of their Hilton points that they hadn't been using since they had become new parents, and though I wasn't sure about taking them up on the offer, I reluctantly accepted.  Man, I was glad I did.  After weeks of appointments, late nights at work trying to transition work off of my plate, and generally increased stress-levels, I found myself desperately looking forward to the weekend.

Our destination was sunny San Diego, CA.  After getting off of work, we started the drive down and got to our hotel by about 9:15pm.  We checked in, and took in the scenery of our corner room:

Petco Park, home of the Padres and about a decade of "sports."

It was a great weekend.  While it was cloudy all weekend, we had a blast!  Had an excellent beer at Ballast Point (Big Eye Ginger), walked around Little Italy, took in the Gas Lamp (my first time), and had amazing meals at excellent restaurants.  We even got in some pool/jacuzzi time during the half hour that the sun creeped out.

The weekend ended with the Dodgers vs. Padres at Petco Park.

Let's go Doyers.

Emily's family friend got us tickets, which was great.  We actually stayed through the middle of the 6th inning, when it looked like the Padres were going to win.  It wasn't until we got back to LA that we learned the Dodgers made a comeback and won.  Whoops.

-W

No comments:

Post a Comment